I think I finally ran out of ideas to procrastinate starting. I was really trying to push it until tomorrow after work but my dear supportive girlfriend has talked me into doing it today as originally planned. She even put it in the DVD player for me! I’ve been procrastinating on every website I can think off, checking emails, smoking cigarettes, and watching t.v. trying to run out of time so I can have a legit reason (legit in my mind anyway) not to do it today. I even went to taco bell and got their XXL burrito, a soft taco, and a soda so I would be too full to work out… but that was over two hours ago so now my body is as ready as it will ever be to start the hardest physical challenge I will ever experience for the time being. In fact, I’m sitting here right now writing this before I start the program trying to kill time and to make this uncomfortable work out a future challenge and not a present one. Unfortunately, I’m running out of things to write about and I seriously doubt anyone wants hear me rambling on. Starting tasks I don’t feel comfortable or enjoy doing has always been a opportunity for me. Starting each day will probably be the biggest challenge for me out of this whole experience.
Do I really want to do this? Do I really want to push my mind and body through pain and discomfort? What am I so afraid of?
I guess I will have to break my first hurdle into baby steps.
Steps to start P90x3 For Lazy People:
- Go put on my work out clothes… That’s not too difficult… Just because I put them on doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll be working out… right? Sometimes you have to trick your brain… Okay. I just accomplished step one!
- Next step… Set up first workout on the DVD player. Still an easy task that evolves almost no effort… Complete!
- Smoke a cigarette… Just because I can. In the process of quitting in case you are wondering as I know these are bad for me but today is not the day! One thing at a time! Complete!
- Fill up some bottles with ice cold H20. Okay I’ll be honest… I’m just trying to make up steps to delay the process. You know, I use to love working out… But let me tell you.. working out is NOT fun when you are not in shape… Any ways, I also set up all my equipment and got my p90x3 logs I printed off in May but never used. Complete!
- I press play on cold start… Just to get the vibe right before I start. (I’m just watching it… probably so I have an excuse to smoke my cigarette) It doesn’t look too bad… I think I might just live through this… Complete!
- Here goes nothing. Press…. play…. See you in 30 minutes!
Total Synergistics Review
I’m Back…. and believe it or not… I finished Day one of p90x3!
As everyone probably figured, it’s not as bad as I thought it’d be… I did work at my own pace seeing that I’m going from no exercise to an extreme workout program.
I would say that the hardest thing about total synergistics for me would be balancing. Also, I can not do a pull up but they had modified pull ups with either a chair or bands. I’ve tried both and I really don’t feel like it’s the same as doing an actual pull-up as far as difficulty goes but I guess we will see in a couple months if I can do a one or not. I would say my form was pretty bad for day one on everything but I’m not really too concerned about it because I know the more I stick to this program that I will get there. As far as filling out the worksheets goes… It’s pretty difficult when trying to learn the exercises so mine is more like an educated guess. For the weighted work outs I used weights 5 lbs and 10 lbs and they seemed perfect for my level of fitness.
I feel pretty good about myself knowing that I just took one of the biggest steps towards becoming the person I want to be and simply just completing day one. And just to let you know, it goes by REALLY fast… It doesn’t even feel like thirty minutes. They actually count the warmup in the 30 minutes so by the time you actually start the difficult stuff, you’re already 5 minutes in. I did regret that cigarette and I had acid reflux from the taco bell… No bueno.
My biggest advice is to just do it. Don’t think about… pop it in the DVD play or whatever you’re using and push play.
If you are a huge procrastinator, you can follow my above steps but it’s really not necessary as this workout is not that bad especially if you go at it in your own pace. I plan on taking it slightly easy the first week to learn the workouts and not scare myself away from completing the first week. Again, a little exercise is better than none… Although I will be focusing more on the correct form as it’s important as to not sprain anything and to workout the correct muscles and what not.
I can do this!
Now it’s time for my Results and Recovery formula. I used this when I did the original P90X for a week and it seemed to work wonders for me as far as energy and not being as sore the next day. I was also doing cardio in the PM, my workouts in the AM and I worked my way up to jogging off and on for a couple miles at a metro park. I would definitely recommend this product! I see it more as a reward to push me through my work out.
Now I’m gonna hit the showers and then get some sleep.
See you tomorrow.